On this page
Embedded systems for the Internet-of-Things (IoTs) have become pervasive across various domains such as automotive, industrial and communication systems. There is tremendous growth in the application and improvement of interactive and high performance embedded systems. India possesses a large collection of private and government R&D centers and industries focused on innovation, design and manufacture of a complete range of embedded systems catering to various markets.
This minor programme emphasises theoretical depth as well as practical knowledge in the complete IoT design and development cycle, using modern embedded architectures and technologies. This program covers the design, development and analysis of signal processing, control and communication subsystems, and the integration and deployment of IoT applying the concepts of embedded hardware (with or without an operating system). A majority of the student effort will be directed towards independent research, design, and the practical realisation and analysis of systems and subsystems.
This is an additional program that students can opt for by choice, pursued alongside a main degree. This is offered to high aspiring students who wish to pursue a contemporary subject area for enhanced knowledge and skills in order to aim high in their careers.
Introduction to Embedded System
Sensors for Embedded System
IoT System Development
Embedded System Testing Framework
Applications of Embedded system
Teaching and Assessment:
For each module, students’ performance is assessed through an assignment (50% weightage) and examinations (50% weightage). A student is required to score a minimum of 50% in overall for successful completion of a module and to earn corresponding credits.
Key Skill Development:
- Ability to discuss various embedded development strategies and processor scheduling algorithms.
- Ability to analyse the requirements of applications and select appropriate sensors.
- Ability to apply design knowledge to develop sensor systems.
- Ability to solve simple problems on channel requirements, coverage and communication design issues.
- Ability to design communication algorithms, protocols for wireless networks and different coding techniques.
- Ability to analyze and develop an application model for different wireless networks.
- Ability to apply skills developed for the social and economic welfare of the community.
- Ability to develop a low cost IoT systems for a particular application.
- Ability to configure and program an IoT hardware platform for a given application.
- Ability to develop real world application scenarios of testing.
- Ability to develop an embedded system using the defined specifications with provided constraints.
Systems Design Engineer