On this page
The programme focuses on addressing the professional services needs of construction industry by producing structural engineers with the requisite knowledge, skills, and expertise to deal efficiently with complex issues for designing structurally sound and environmentally sustainable buildings.
- Learner centric Outcome based education
- Industry-focused and hands-on curriculum and a Project Based Learning (PBL) environment
- Highly qualified and trained faculty members
- Association with professional bodies
- Industry — Academia interaction through guest lectures/site visits, Industry Internships and Dissertation works
- Completion of PG degree attracts jobs in firms like Structural Design Consultancies; Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC); Real estate developers; Research & Development; Civil Engineering Software Products developments; Smart infrastructure developers.
Our students become proficient in
- Modelling, simulation, analyses, design and validation of structural components/systems
- Modern construction technologies and materials Selection of materials, manufacturing processes and development of structural components and systems
- Experiments on structural components/systems and evaluate their performance
- Use of commercially available software for analysis and design
- General perspective and opportunities for a career in structural engineering design and analysis in industry, the public sector and non-governmental organizations
- Teamwork, lifelong learning and continuous improvement
Achievements & Opportunities
- Best paper awards at International Conferences
- International Internship at Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (MGSU)
- MoU’s with international universities like St. Petersburg University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (SPUACE), University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC), Michigan Technological University (MTU)
- Certification on BIM, Retrofitting of structures and Green projects
- Application of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Structural Engineering
The sheer scope of structural engineering work is so vast. The profession is marked by all kinds of specialists, from experts in seismic design to those who specialize in disaster relief and on all kinds of scale: from small residential building to skyscraper construction. Students enrolled in the course are familiarized with the following areas:
- Planning, analysis and design of RCC and steel structures
- Analysis and design of precast structural elements
- Formwork for RCC structures (Shell, composites, Membrane structures, Bridges and Retrofitting of structures).
- Study and development of advanced construction materials.
- Finite element analysis of all forms of civil structures using relevant tools.
Fees & Scholarships
- As per Government of Karnataka for Indian nationals
- Rs 2,38,550 per annum for Indian nationals
Fees & Scholarships
NRI/ Foreign Students:
- USD 6000 + Other fee Rs.38,550 per annum